Friday, 17 February 2012

Ignorant Ornithology: the Gannet.

The Gannet. My second favorite bird.

“My favourite bird's the gannet:
It's the best bird on the planet.
It's better than knots
And guillemots
And beats razorbills by lots and lots.


“Yes, my favourite bird's the gannet:
It just can't be beaten, can it?
It hatches on ledges,
Where it stays till it fledges
And grows a physique
With a fabulous beak.
Then it takes to the air
And soars way up there,
Till it reaches a summit,
Whence it dives in a plummet
And down with a S W I S H !
It catches a fish.


“Yes, my favourite bird's the gannet
(Apart from my girlfriend, Janet!).”


Julian Date

[Thanks Richard!]

2 comments:

Richard Carter said...

To quote Julian Date:

My favourite bird's the gannet:
It's the best bird on the planet
--contd.

Outa-Spaceman said...

I followed the Julian Dale link.
Why isn't this poet genius feted around the literary world?

OSM